1. This is a competition for poets living within the County of Staffordshire and we are actively encouraging all poets, whatever their age or experience.
2. Poets should enter the competition via the Clayhanger Press web site - the entry fee is £5.
3. Select 15 – 20 of your best poems.
4. Poems should be up to a maximum of 40 lines each
5. All poems must be submitted by email to email@example.com in a single file in Word format,
after payment has been made via this web site using the Pay Entry Fee Button below.
6. Include your name and contact details and the title for your pamphlet in the body of the email but
do not include your name in the word document
7. All work must be your own and must not have been previously published in a single-poet book or collection. Magazine and anthology published poems are acceptable. Previously self-published poems are acceptable.
8. The judges decision is final
9. Deadline for entries is 31st July 2021 at 11.59pm
10. Competition results will be published on the Clayhanger Press Web site on or prior to the 1st September 2021. All entrants will be emailed with the outcome of their submission.
11. The winning entry will see the winning poet have their work published during 2021 in pamphlet form and receive 25 copies of the work.
12. If the £5 entry fee is an obstacle to you submitting then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work something out.
All poets who enter the competition, even if their poem is not selected, will be invited to choose at least one of their poems to be included in the Clayhanger Press 2021 Anthology which will be published in December ( in time for Christmas presents for friends and family). They will be able to purchase copies of the anthology at a special reduced price.